At Morton Lemkau Moving and Storage you can always expect the highest standards of quality and care with all of our moving and moving services. We move households and business enterprises throughout the tristate area, and from Maine to Florida. When we relocate our customers long distance and out of state, it is only their furnishings and belongings in our moving trucks and vans. We move one customer in our trucks at a time, and we do so with very specific timelines for load ups and deliveries.
We believe that 70 years of experience has made us the leader in the moving industry. Our strategy has always been consistent and fair. Always being honest and up front with every customer has been the key to our longevity.
Free on site Estimates:
Our Moving Services Start Out With A Free Estimate At The Location of The Move
This includes All Items Being Moved & All The Total Costs of The Service. Our Estimates Are Monitored & Checked For Accuracy
Local Moves Are Based On An Hourly Rate & Are Dependent On The Number of Men & Trucks Used
Long Distance Moves Are Based On A Weight & Distance Tariff
In addition to general moving services, Lemkau Moving offers:
Commercial Grade Moving Boxes
Full or Partial Household Boxing and Packing
Special Crating of Unique Household Items
Multiple Pickup Locations & Delivery Destinations
Expert Piano Moves
Special Wrapping & Preparation For Storage
We specialize in:
Local & Long Distance Moving Services
Expert Packing & Crating Service
Expert Piano Movers
Furniture Delivery Service
Packing & Crating Material
Fast Professional Moving
Delicate Items Handled With Extreme Care.
Tips from the Top
Morton J. Lemkau Moving & Storage: Tips From The Top – Helpful Moving Suggestions
At Morton J. Lemkau Moving and Storage we offer a wide array of moving services, which includes, but is not limited to the boxing and packing of your household goods prior to your primary moving date. Lemkau Movers also provides pre wrapping and preparation services, which includes, the disassembling of large pieces of furniture and preparing them for the actual date of the move. All these services can help save time and money, but also help ensure that on the day of your move, everything is simply ready to go. Our team may also assist with partial boxing and packing, which typically includes the items that customers find a bit difficult to do themselves, such as lamps, mirrors, artwork, delicate items, and some heavier and bulky items. At times, the best way to transport items is with special crating, and our team may assist with that as well. Please be sure to discuss your preparation needs with the Estimator. It is essential that the services wanted or needed are discussed with our team prior to the move. The Estimator can suggest and recommend services, and provide estimated costs associated with the supplies and services that may be provided. All services should be agreed to and scheduled in advance.
The real key to a successful and a less stressful move is the proper preparation, and that’s why this document was created. This is for those that are preparing themselves. Proper preparation will not only help ensure one’s peace of mind on the day of their move, but it will help the movers deliver speedy, and the most efficient services. We would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have and give you the very best input and direction we can in order to assist you in your preparation. You may reach us at 516-333-1340. Please review the Summary of Information for Shippers of Household Goods prior to moving.
9) Travel Time (Residential Hourly Rates):
Travel time is determined utilizing our hourly rates. The charge is a ½ Hour (at the hourly rate) for every fifteen – (15) miles of travel to loading/pickup location, and from the unloading/delivery location. The applicable charges are based on the hourly rate. Travel Time covers costs for the truck and movers to get to and from a job location. Travel between pickup and delivery is part of the regular hourly charge. *Travel times should be noted in estimates, and on the paperwork provided at the job location. Travel time is not negotiable. The rates are registered with the NY Department of Transportation.
10) Fragile Items:
Items such as TVs, Lamps, Artwork, Computers and Printers are often difficult for one to box and pack on their own. Some of these items may be boxed and packed on the day of the move itself by the Movers; however, that should be discussed and arranged in advance of the moving dates. Items that are not boxed and packed properly may not be covered by the Movers’ General Liability Coverage or Valuation Coverage. Flat Screen TVs not boxed will NOT be covered.
11) Box and/or Furniture Removal and Disposal:
The Movers do not remove or dispose of boxes. Unpacking fees are done by the hour and must be arranged in advance. Removal and disposal of furnishings is not included and must be arranged in advance. There are hourly fees and charges associated with the services.
For Consideration and Friendly Reminders:
1. Be prepared for your move. Have all items ready to go on the day of the move.
2. Everything must be boxed and properly taped shut (including computers, lamps and pictures). Open boxes and open bags may not be moved, and/or be covered by General Liability or Valuation Coverage.
3. The Movers will not take flammable liquids or gases (e.g. propane tanks, gas cans, spray cans, etc.). In addition, open containers such as paints or stains will not be moved. Noxious chemicals will not be moved (i.e. bleach, ammonia, chlorine, etc.), as they can be harmful to the workers, the truck, and one’s furnishings, etc.
4. The Movers may disassemble items (e.g. furniture, beds, shelves, etc.), and will reassemble the items they took apart; however, the Movers are not responsible for disconnecting or connecting electric, plumbing, etc., and the Movers will not make any holes in walls or attach items to any structure or fixture in one’s house or apartment.
5. Payment for the supplies and services rendered is due at the time the job is complete. The driver or lead person on the job will review your bill with you. Please pay by check or cash. No Credit Cards Are Accepted.
6. The Movers always appreciate a gratuity for providing exceptional service. If you choose to do so, the appropriate amount is of course up to you; however, 10% – 20% is the average based on the overall size and cost of the job.
** Winter Months: Please be advised that Customers/Shippers are responsible for removing snow, ice and debris from walkways, driveways, steps, and entrances from their property for the Movers to do their job safely and effectively. Failure to do so may lead to the postponement or cancellation of the job(s). Lemkau Moving follows and adheres to Winter Weather Advisories. Extreme and/or dangerous weather-related road conditions may lead to moving interruptions and schedule changes. Please be aware of weather forecasts and conditions for the day(s) of your move.